CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

terça-feira, 11 de novembro de 2008

Haunted

"Whispers in the dark awake me from my sleep.
A frozen wind caresses my face.
All my senses are stoned.
Far, the echoes of the flack invade the sky.
I ear the sirens blasting the night.
The pilots need to scramble.
As the bombs start exploding around me I get paralyzed.
Each blast froze my mind, my body.
My past invades my head.
Old demons remind me other days.
As I look around I see burned people spread along the airfield.
I don’t remember the duration of the bombings.
After a week being attacked day and night we can’t see things like before.
A second can last an eternity.
In the middle of the fight, the first shot is a reflex. The time between the first and the second can decide if we are dead or alive. If we think too much we’ll be probably dead by the end of the day.
In a battle a boy becomes a man and a man becomes a killer.
There aren’t innocent armies. There aren’t good wars.
To take a life we need a second, to deal with it we need a lifetime.
Tonight, before I sleep, I’ll chase my demons, I’ll try to leave in the battlefield what haunts me, hopping that one day, when this war is over, I won’t need to fight anymore.
That, one day I’ll find peace."

LTF

0 comentários: